Monday, June 15, 2009

Family Night Planning

Sol I have been scrolling through blogs and found these "family nights" I want to plan them, but don't know how it is going to work. I want to have fun with the girls, turn off technology for a night, and have a theme. I have seen elaborate family nights, and others that are simple and easy to do. My thought is this....the girls are 21 months old, are they too young to enjoy? Could I really pull it off? This weekend we are going to SF for Elmo live, I was thinking of a Sesame street night and intertwine a rainbow theme. I thought that we could have shish kebobs, do rainbow art and color Elmo pictures. We could pack our bags and pack the car to leave Early Saturday morning.
What are your thoughts? Have any of you done a family night theme? What worked for you and what didn't....any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Happynhanford said...

I have no experience in creating a family fun night, but this sounds like a wonderful, memorable experience. You are a great mom! Go for it!
Hope you enjoyed SF!

lindsay Roscoe said...

Family night is a great idea and the younger you start the better. As the mother of tweens to toddlers, my expiernce for the younger ones is simple is better. If you keep it moving they usually stay interested if you want them to sit and focus they usually lose interest. I do think themes are fun and it will be something that they will always look forward too! How fun!! I hope this is the beginning of a fun family tradition!