Thursday, August 9, 2007

One Year ago Today

Today has been a bittersweet day. One year ago today, I woke up and had spotting....should not be there, I was worried and scared all at the same time. I was starting my 12 week of pregnancy, the end of the scary road...I would be entering the 2nd trimester. I was so excited to be pregnant, and couldn't believe that I was traveling the road to parenthood....but the brown, pink/red was not normal.

By the afternoon, the doctor was able to get me in to see him. He tried the doppler, but nothing could be heard. He said he wasn't concerned with my tilted uterus, so he sent me for bloodwork, and then again on Saturday for bloodwork....and made the appointment to come back on Monday to go over results.

The weekend was a blur, there was a ton of blood and pain....there was tears shed by me every hour, minute, and second. Everyone kept saying everything will be ok...but deep down, I knew it was over.

Monday morning, I went to the doctor for a checkup and ultrasound to find nothing.....it was done. All 12 weeks were lost. I got my angel in heaven looking over me....

Today is a day that I sit and remember losing my angel...but find peace in my 2 gifts from God growing inside of me.

2 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i am sorry it has been a hard day. big hugs to you!

Josephine said...

Thinking of you today! There really aren't any words, other than I can sympathize with your pain. Our angels are watching over us!