Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blind Date

As I sat here, I realized that I never posted about the time I met my husband.
I was working at a school teaching afternoon Kindergarten, when the learning director and I became pretty close friends. He was married, and has a beautiful family....anyways, after the weekends he would always wonder what I did, or if I was dating anybody at the time. Unfortunately I was dating here and there, but they were always the wrong dates, total loosers. So my learning director said that I need to meet his BIL....however he was away in Kansas at school. So I never thought anything about it, I said if he ever comes to town, I would. Well, another time we were talking and once again he brought up his BIL...and then gave a strange look and said, but he is in Italy working on his last project for his Senior year. But this Christmas he is supposed to be in the area. (well this was January) So, once again, I said OK...keep me in mind.
Well in 2001, christmas time was coming, and I got a phone call saying ok, we want you to come to our house on the 21st to go out with my BIL. I agreed....probably was not the best weekend, as I had just bought a house, and that was the day I was moving, but my parents agreed that it would be ok.
So I left....it was amazing...we went bowling and to coffee and walking around this town, which looks like a very old town. We had a blast. It was as though we had known eachother forever. I didn't want to leave his side, it was easy to talk Rich, and it was great to know that he and I had many of the same ideals/morals of life.
Well....I finally got home, and my dad was so mad that I was gone, he wouldn't talkt o me. That was hard, but my mom said there was something different about me after meeting Rich. I knew that too!
Well...Christmas night, I ended up going back out to the house for dinner and games. Once again, I had a blast and did not want to leave his side. At 3 in the morning, after everyone else was in bed and Rich needed to go to bed as he was leaving for Oregon the next day...we exchanged phone numbers and addresses and I left. Of course after the most magical kiss in the world. At that point I knew that I would marry him!

The next night I went out with my friends, and never even thought he would call for a few more days, but sure enough...I got the call and we talked on the phone for hours. That went on until February, when I invited myself up to house for the weekend...I just knew I had too! Well that blossomed into a wonderful relationship. We would see eachother every 6 weeks or so....and I spent the summer at his house---5 weeks!

AFter 2 years of a long distance relationship, Rich made his way to California at Christmas time, and surprised me with a job interview at a local architecture firm. He go the job and moved down to Ca. in Feb 2003. It was Valentines when he moved. On Feb. 16th...he took me to the coast for the weekend at a B&B.....it was there that he proposed...it was magical once again.....I found my fairy tale. We started planning the wedding, and in July 2004 we got married.

We have found that we are perfect for eachother, and help eachother in every way. We are ready to start our new endeavor by giving birth to these beautiful babies!

You never know what a blind date will bring!

3 comments:

Mrs. Love said...

Awww...that's a great story! My DH & I were a blind date too! :)

katie said...

awhhh! i love that story! how wonderful you two are. DH and met somewhat on a blind date..Jdate made it happen, though. It's crazy when it finally happens! now, you are having babies!!!

Josephine said...

What a beautiful story!! Here I am with butterflies in my stomach just imagining how you must have felt! :-) Those little girls are lucky to have such great parents.