Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Friends

Friendship is a touchy subject with people. Some believe, for a person to be considered a friend, you must be able to see them or hang out with them in a local shop or restaurant. They feel that if you don't then they are just a name, or a person that has no meaning to you.

Life is funny, and God will provide a friendship in a way that has never been thought of. Impractical or even surreal....I have found that going online has been a great source of friendship. Going through a loss of a baby, and losing a child brings women and husbands and wives together in ways, that nobody ever thought could happen.

I belong to a chat group where we are all in different stages of trying to conceive, pregnant or suffering from a multitude of losses, and yet....I find that I call them "friends."

These are women who understand my feelings, offer advice, and just make me smile when I feel down. They are always there with a shout out, a smiling face, or in need of a hug themselves.....It is funny how nearly a year has gone by and I have many friends across the country....that I know if travelling I could call and meet up for lunch, coffee or just to hang out. I may or may not ever meet these women in real life, but for now, I cherish the friendship that has come out of it....I cherish the minutes a day, that I can worry and get some moral support. for that I am thankful...and I know that I will have a lifetime of friends to turn to.....

4 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i feel the same way. thank you for your kind words of encouragement both on the board and on my blog. i find journaling on my blog to be so therapeutic and it is nice when people offer support. I really enjoy your blog. thanks again sweetie.

Mrs. Love said...

Awww...I'm totally on that same wave too! I was just thinking after your food post that I wish you lived even closer so I could make you some dinners to put in the freezer so you'll have food once the girls make their debut! Big love to my friend! Yea!

Tracy said...

I don't know how I would've gotten through the last 7 months without my friends on the board. The friends I have met there have been so supportive through everything. . . Bad times and good! I cried when I read your entry for today. . . Really brings light into the loneliness. . .
Thanks!
Tracy

Josephine said...

You are right. There are many awesome women I've met online ... including YOU! ;-)